Why to join us
Why to choose our school? FAQ
With us you are always free to ask: What is it good for? How can I use it? Why am I learning this?
You will be taught by educated people coming from practice
No one will tell you what to do, on the contrary, you will be asked, even forced, to think
We will help you to find your personality and such a way of working that suits you the best
You will be physically active because we will make you move
As our graduate you will immediately be able to:
Choose from many job opportunities that are highly paid
Go on studying at any university
Combine both - you will be both financially independent and free in your next study or life choice as well
You can also join us from another grammar school.
- The tuition fee amounts to CZK 100,000 per year. This amount of money may seem high, but not if you compare it to the monthly income of a programmer or analyst that your child will become after graduating from our school
- We have decided to build up this school because we think that there is no such a type of school and it is missing here. We consider as ineffective that most grammar schools are still focused on studying the great amount of outdated facts and information and that is unusable in our practical life
- We come from various backgrounds, from the commercial sector, from practice, with experience from abroad, from multinational corporations, from government agencies, but we have stayed being teachers who have pedagogical education (though, honestly, our system had not supported us in any way and that was the reason we went to other branches after university). We have rich experience in setting up and starting our own company and in managing employees in the way so that they are satisfied and thus in their work more efficient. We have our own families and children. We also have hobbies but most of all we are eager to make a secondary school that makes sense
- Technologies are all around us and are going to grow. People have two options, either to be afraid of them or to ignore them, or to try to understand and use these technologies. The first ones will stay passive and will be controlled and they will need someone else to tell them what to think and what to do. We think being active is the better choice
For teachers and our future colleagues
- You have a unique opportunity to become a part of a team that prepares a secondary school curriculum for the 21st century.
- We will look for experts continuously as the school will grow. We will also cooperate with people from practice.
- We welcome creativity and people who really want to teach with enthusiasm and want to work in a team.
- With us you can grow as person, professionally and technically.
- We like fun and humor and we do believe that the teacher should be above all a personality that inspires by his own approach and attitude.
- We are fully aware of the fact that people in education system, like teachers, should be properly evaluated and paid.
Frequently asked questions
How does the 1. IT Gymnasium differ from other grammar schools?
- It differs in the overall concept of education - please see more on our website ( section Home or Education)
- The graduate of the 1. IT Gymnasium will have an overview in the technological area and will have programming and analytical skills
- Unlike graduates from other grammar schools, our graduated student will be able to both study further and to be fully employable as well
How much is the tuition fee?
Tuition is 100 000 CZK per year. We are preparing the possibility of scholarships or a discount for siblings
Why a grammar school and not any technical school?
- Because the IT area needs people with general knowledge
- Because the technical schools are subjected to a different Educational Program and state educational standards and they are focused primarily on technical education plus, these schools accentuate hard hardware skills. We want to focus on software and soft skills in communication, information literacy across disciplines and to use technologies across areas
- Because girls usually don't want to go to technical schools
What will the admission procedure look like?
The admission procedure will consist of two parts. The first part will include standardized Cermat tests, which are compulsory for all schools in the Czech Republic. The second part of the entrance examination will be purely in our school and will consist of our own prepared test and a personal interview. The school part of the entrance exam will be focused on recognizing the child's personality, his or her motivation and finding out his / her current computer science level (not any knowledge testing, only for our overview in order to set up the initial curriculum correctly)
How do you prepare your teaching staff?
We are looking for people based on our contacts from the commercial and academic sphere. We are looking for people motivated and enthusiastic to teach meaningfully. We are ready to create a unique work environment for them and evaluate them well too
How do you rate it? Do you have any marks?
- We evaluate students constantly; however, they must not know it, it's like at work, no one will tell you there, I evaluate you today, I'll test you / I'll give you a test and based on it I'll form an opinion about you / set your salary accordingly etc. It is the same with us, we know very well how who works, what approach he has and how he tries his best, so it is not a problem for us to evaluate individually man's work.
- We do the formative evaluation, based on secure feedback on specific abilities, skills, progress... The goal is to motivate students to personal growth; Formative evaluation has nothing to do with the so-called summative evaluation, e.g. marks. Formative evaluation should not do any comparison or measurement of performance, it should simply help you to improve yourself.
- Summative assessment (marks) however can be useful as well as it informs the individual how they stand on that imaginary scale and whether, for example, they are competitive in a field of their interest in the future. So we have both on the report card - marks and formative evaluation, serving as useful and practical feedback with the ambition to pass on tips to the student on what he can work and how to grow.